Monday, September 2, 2013

We're off and running!

September 2013

It's so good to be back into a routine.  I hope that you feel good about this school year so far.  Please feel free to communicate with me about any frustrations or concerns you have.  My greatest desire is that my students feel happy, eager to learn, and reach their potential this year.  I also want to happy parents:)

Upcoming Activities for September:

Tuesday, 3rd, (tomorrow)--Orchestra/Arts Begins
      *Don't bring stringed instruments until the 12th.  Mrs. Neumann has other activities planned for orchestra tomorrow.  Remember that orchestra/arts is every Tuesday & Thursday 1:30-2:15.  Also, be aware that even though we call it Arts Rotation, we won't always teach an art.  For instance, Mrs. Little will teach some dance, but she also teaches Healthy Lifestyle.  I will teach some drama and poetry, but I will also teach some science and team building.  Mrs. Garrett will do computer activities, and of course, Mrs Williams will teach music appreciation.  All my students will get visual art experiences during social studies, writing, and even math to reinforce concepts they need to know.

Wednesday, 4th--Progress Report & Permission Slips sent home
Monday, 9th--Fall Pictures
Monday, 9th--Back to School Bash, 5:30 on the upper playground.
Monday, 16th--Maturation Program (a permission slip was sent home last week.  This        needs to be signed and returned!)
Friday, 20th--5th Grade Field Trip to Cedar Breaks and Mammoth Caves.  (We'd love to 
     have chaperones).  
  

I apologize for sending home the Maturation Program and Fall Picture slips last week.  If I had thought ahead, I would have stapled them to the Progress Report/Newsletter going home this Wednesday, so you could have signed everything at the same time.  If you haven't seen the Maturation letter, please ask your child for it.  

Watch for a hardcopy Newsletter/Progress Report to come home every 1st and 3rd Wednesdays.   

Thank you for sending your child to school every day.  Except for one or two days, we've had 100% attendance.  Students who can be in school every day, all day (no tardies or leaving early), receive a prize at the end of each term.  

When it comes to good citizenship, kindness, and willingness to work hard, I believe I have the best class in the school.  These are great kids!  Thanks for sharing them with me this year.

                                                       -- Jeanne Payne--590-4755





  



No comments:

Post a Comment